Can we be doing more?
Multiple symptoms are associated with bone metastases, managing these symptoms can have a significant impact on patient care.
Symptomatic bone disease symptoms include:
- Fatigue generalized weakness1
- Interference with sleep2
- Impaired mobility1
- Mild sensory loss, numbness1
- Loss of bladder and bowel function1
- Neurological impairment3
- Pain and discomfort1,2
- Weakness in extremities1
- Interference with daily activities2
- Anemia, neutropenia and thrombocytopenia1
- Loss of appetite5
Did you know?
Sixty-eight percent of patients with advanced prostate cancer ignore their symptoms.6
It is important to be proactive in discussions with patients to bring these symptoms to light earlier.
Make an appointment today with your Bayer key account executive to discuss the symptoms of bone metastases.